Today is Easter and I wanted to take a moment and share my thoughts and feeling about this wonderful holiday and what it means to me.
I love the Easter Bunny and all the sweets. I remember Easter being one of the only times during the yeat I would get white chocolate. I'll east regular chocolate, but I much prefer white chocolate. Anyway, my parents always tried to get me a white chocolate bunny and I remember that.
But really the true meaning of Easter lies in the miracle of Jesus Christ and his death and resurection. Through much trial and humility and in the blessings which come in their endurance, I have come to a knowledge in my own heart of the surety of these truths. The world can distort and disclaim and even deny, but I will hold to my testimony and know that it is the truth.
It is not true because someone else told me, but as I stated before, it is through my experiences that I know it. I have tested it both by disobedience and by obendience to Christ's teachings, and I can firmly attest that my life ran smoother and my perspective more peaceful when I have chosen to obey.
Life after death has become especially relevant to me since losing my dad 3 years ago. That experience shook me to the core to understand whether these teachings of Christ regarding death were true. I really needed to know that my dad was OK and that we would see each other again. Although I do not cry most days, there are some where I feel the Spirit of the Lord so strong comforting me that I am reduced to weeping tears of joy and peace, because I know I will see my father again. I know that he will be my father througout all eternity, the same as he was here on earth.
I love my Savior and I truly "Stand All Amazed at the Love Jesus Offers Me." I pray that we can all enjoy the fun of this Easter Holiday but NEVER lose sight of the miracle that truly IS Easter.
PS - Here are some wonderful links about Christ, his life and the blessings we can receive from him.




0 comments:
Post a Comment