Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dear President Obama


As we close this historic Inauguration Day in American history and politics, I would like to offer to you my prayers.

First I am so thankful for a country that has been so blessed by our Creator. He has a wise purpose for our land and our people, and I know that it can strive or cease to be with him, based on the faith of its people. I pray we can all be more faithful and draw closer to God for protection and wisdom.

You have a priviledge, that few before you have had and most of us will never have, please always remember that it is priviledge to live in your new home and have your job. The men who have come before you I hope were humbled by their stewardship and I pray that you, too, will remain humble.

I did not vote for you, but none the less you are now my president just as much as those who did vote for you. I pray for you, your cabinet members and the other leaders of our Great Nation. I pray that you will lead by your heart and not just to seek for more power.

I hope you will realize that their are different beliefs in this country and just because they may not be your personal beliefs, I hope you will not dismiss them out-of-hand. Please be an example of open dialogues and discussions. Please do not tolerate intolerance within any person or party.

For our children's sake, please do your best! My prayers are with you and this enormous undertaking that today you claimed. God Bless you and God BLESS America!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey... So wonderful to see a update! first off that treat Hannah posted looks sooo yummy. Thanks for the fun idea. My kids would love that. I MISS YOU Hannah!
What a great post to Pres. Obama~ I hope we survive these next 4 years. Hope we can make a quick turn around the in the Economy. How are you guys will all the floods, rain and snow? We have thought and prayed for you often! I got your email about your back. I am SO SORRY! I wish I was close to help you. Your in my Thoughts and Prayers. If you need a place to rest and relax with lots of sunshine and warmth. Head down here and I will take good care of you!
We Love you all!

Welcome Friends!

Welcome to the Werner Family Blog. We thought this would be a fun way to keep our friends and family up-to-date with the happenings of our lives.

If you too have a blog or website for your family, please let us know. People come in and out of our lives at different times and for different reasons, but it's always nice to keep in touch!