Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not a Good Week to be a Werner

Oh my gosh was this NOT a good week to be a Werner in our home! Uncle Clint (Terry's brother) came to visit last Monday, the 14th, because they just moved to Portland two days before and his wife had to go to Barcelona, Spain on her first day of work for 4 days.

Great! Come! We'd love to see you! Within 24 hours of him being here, we're all sick. And I mean SICK! Now we're adamant that we're not blaming him and Van, after all we begged them to stay with us this time, but the timing sure was bad for everyone under this roof.

Thursday looked like the living dead. All the kids, myself and even Terry were running fevers over 100 and just wanted to lay around. Terry, being the motivated businesman that he is, wouldn't hear of staying home from work, but I could tell he was really hurting.

By Sunday, I felt like I was on death's door. I went to the urgent care clinic and found out I have acute bronchitis and a sinus infection - yay me! Monday I literally slept ALL day while te babysitter handled things on the home front. Wow did I need that.

So to make a long story less long (sorry I'm just not a shorty story kind of person) we've all been to the doctor and they said flu with some of us having some bad secondary issues.

Tonight was the first time we all kind of felt a little normal again. Now we just have to get everyone back to school and work!

And next time Uncle Clint comes - we're bathing him in anti-bacterial soap outside first!!

0 comments:

Welcome Friends!

Welcome to the Werner Family Blog. We thought this would be a fun way to keep our friends and family up-to-date with the happenings of our lives.

If you too have a blog or website for your family, please let us know. People come in and out of our lives at different times and for different reasons, but it's always nice to keep in touch!