Monday, July 28, 2008

Official Homeowners!

We've owned our home for eight years now. We've had to remodel the basement (thanks to 3 kids, a garden hose, a basement window and three hours) and a bathroom, we've bought furniture and accessories and goodness knows I clean it all the time. But this past weekend we really made it official - we landscaped! My mom did such a nice job on the lower part of our front yard last year, that we just couldn't stand looking at the weedy undone upper part. So Terry and I took the plunge and did it.

We filled up the truck with Tagro mix from the city of Tacoma to help the soil be better. Sarah didn't much care for the smell, but we told her that will help our plant grow - she's still thinking about it. Then we went to a local nursery and bought 40 thyme plants to place around.

We have thyme on the lower part and I love how soft it is to walk on and how well it chokes the grass out that I wanted it on the upper part.

So we've watered every night to help keep it going and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it will spread well. (It wouldn't hurt to keep yours crossed as well - we're not Martha Stewart!)

4 comments:

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

Wow, guys, I'm so proud of you! Now there's just the back yard left, right? Way to go!!!
(this is Anda, by the way)

Anne Marie Corey said...

Stephanie, I can't believe it. You've tamed the jungle. Way to go! That has to be a great feeling.

Kelly said...

Nothing better than getting you hands dirty in your own dirt! I LOVE working in the yard. Wish I could see your yard! You are better than Martha! Sounds like Heaven!

Welcome Friends!

Welcome to the Werner Family Blog. We thought this would be a fun way to keep our friends and family up-to-date with the happenings of our lives.

If you too have a blog or website for your family, please let us know. People come in and out of our lives at different times and for different reasons, but it's always nice to keep in touch!